Last Modified: September 20, 2016
ApplyWrite, and Eagle Pathways, is a trusted provider of exciting products and services.
When you use our services—and any others we roll out—you’ll inevitably share some information with us. We understand that that can affect your privacy. So we want to be upfront about the information we collect, how we use it, whom we share it with, and how long we keep it.
Information We Collect
There are three basic ways we collect information:
- Information you choose to give us.
- Information we get when you use our services.
- Information we get from third parties.
Here’s a little more detail on each of these categories.
Information You Choose to Give Us
When you interact with our services, we collect the information that you choose to share with us. For example, some of our services may require you to set up a basic online account, so we need to collect a few important details about you, such as: a unique username you’d like to go by, a password, an email address, a phone number, and your date of birth. We may also ask you to provide us with some additional information that will be visible on our services, such as profile pictures, a name, or other useful identifying information. Other services, such as commercial products, may also require you to provide us with a debit or credit card number (or other payment method) and its associated account information.
It probably goes without saying, but we’ll say it anyway: When you contact ApplyWrite Support or communicate with us in any other way, we’ll collect whatever information you volunteer.
Information We Get When You Use Our Services
When you use our services, we collect information about which of those services you’ve used and how you’ve used them. We might know, for instance, that you watched a particular video, or sent us a file. Here’s a fuller explanation of the types of information we collect when you use our services (to learn about how you can control some of this information, be sure to read the aptly titled Control over Your Information section below):
- Usage Information. We collect information about your activity through our services. For example, we may collect information about:
- how you interact with the services.
- how you communicate with other us or other Users,).
- Content Information. We may collect information about the content you provide, including metadata that is provided with the content.
- Device Information. We may collect device-specific information, such as the hardware model, operating system version, advertising identifier, unique application identifiers, unique device identifiers, browser type, language, wireless network, and mobile network information (including the mobile phone number).
- Documents and Photos. Many of our services require us to collect images and other information from documents and photos you provide or make available to us. We may access those documents and photos at any time.
- Location Information. When you use our services we may collect information about your location.
- Log Information. We also collect log information when you use our website. That information includes, among other things:
- details about how you’ve used our services
- device information, such as your web browser type and language
- access times
- pages viewed
- IP address
- identifiers associated with cookies or other technologies that may uniquely identify your device or browser
- pages you visited before or after navigating to our website.
Information We Collect from Third Parties
We may collect information that other users provide about you when they use our services. For example, if another user allows us to collect information from their device phonebook—and you’re one of that user’s contacts—we may combine the information we collect from that user’s phonebook with other information we have collected about you. We may also obtain information from other companies that are owned or operated by us, or any other third-party sources, and combine that with the information we collect through our services.
How We Use Information
What do we do with the information we collect? The short answer is: a lot, such as:
- develop, operate, improve, deliver, maintain, and protect our products and services
- communicate with you
- monitor and analyze trends and usage
- provide and personalize the services
- enhance the safety and security of our products and services
- verify your identity and prevent fraud or other unauthorized or illegal activity
- use information we’ve collected from cookies and other technology to enhance the services and your experience with them
- enforce our Terms of Service and other usage polices
We may also store some information locally on your device. For example, we may store information as local cache so that you can open the app and view content faster.
How We Share Information
We may share information about you in the following ways:
- With other Users. We may share the following information with other Users that you who are involved in our services with you (like your family):
- information about you, such as your username and name;
- information about services, schedules, assignments, and any submissions you make;
- information about how you have interacted with the services;
- any additional information you have consented for us to share; and
- content you post or send through our collaboration platforms;
- With all Users and the general public. We may share the following information with all Users as well as the general public:
- Reviews and feedback you authorize;
- Any information you provide, if we remove or mask your identity from it.
- With our affiliates. We may share information with entities within the ApplyWrite and Eagle Pathways families of companies, or their affiliates.
- With third parties. We may share your information with the following third parties:
- With service providers, sellers, and partners.We may share information about you with service providers who perform services on our behalf, sellers that provide goods through our services, and business partners that provide services and functionality.
- With third parties on your behalf. We may share information with schools, activity providers, and others when we perform services or seek opportunities on your behalf.
- With third parties for legal reasons.We may share information about you if we reasonably believe that disclosing the information is needed to:
- comply with any valid legal process, government request, or applicable law, rule, or regulation;
- investigate, remedy, or enforce potential Terms of Service violations;
- protect the rights, property, and safety of us, our users, or others; or
- detect and resolve any fraud or security concerns.
- With third parties as part of a merger or acquisition.If ApplyWrite gets involved in a merger, asset sale, financing, liquidation or bankruptcy, or acquisition of all or some portion of our business to another company, we may share your information with that company before and after the transaction closes.
- In the aggregate or after de-identification. We may also share with third parties, aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Information You Choose to Share with Third Parties
The services may also contain third-party links and search results, include third-party integrations, or be a co-branded or third-party-branded service that’s being provided jointly with or by another company. By going to those links, using the third-party integration, or using a co-branded or third-party-branded service, you may be providing information (including personal information) directly to the third party, us, or both. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for how those third parties collect or use your information. As always, we encourage you to review the privacy policies of every third-party website or service that you visit or use, including those third parties you interact with through our services.
How Long We Keep Your Content
Our relationships sometimes last many years, so our services may use content for long periods of time (which means those services may retain information for long periods of time).
In addition, you should understand that those who see the content you provide may save it using any number of techniques: screenshots, in-app functionality, or any other image-capture technology. It’s also possible, as with any digital information, that someone might be able to access messages forensically or find them in a device’s temporary storage. Keep in mind that, while our systems are designed to carry out our deletion practices automatically, we cannot promise that deletion will occur within a specific timeframe. And we may also retain certain information in backup for an extended period of time or as required by law.
Users Outside the United States
Although we welcome Users from all over the world, keep in mind that no matter where you live or where you happen to use our services, we operate our services from the United States. This means that we may collect your personal information from, transfer it to, and store and process it in the United States and other countries whose local data-protection and privacy laws may offer fewer protections than those in your country of residence or from any country where you use or access the services.
Our services are not intended for—and we don’t direct them to—anyone under 13. That’s why we do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under 13.